Choose the market and then use the filter to select by application and/or chemical family. You can also type the product name.
Sabo in Brief
- Founded in Bergamo, Italy in 1937, producing surfactants (EO derivatives) and auxiliary agents for application in textiles.
- At beginning of the 1990's, an expansion and diversification program was launched. This involved substantial investments in manufacturing assets and research and development to expand the product range, focusing on specialty chemicals for personal care and construction applications.
- In 1994 the production of Additives for Plastics was started.
- The early 2000's brought new Investments in technologies, research and process development to support the new business, including the introduction of new Additives for Plastics and Coatings production capabilities, backward integration, and form-giving technologies.
- Started production at our world-scale, highly integrated manufacturing site for Hindered Amine Light Stabilizers (HALS), specialty UV absorbers, antioxidants, anti-stats and anti-fogs.
- In 2009 Sabo acquired the global business of CHIMASSORB® 119 FL hindered amine light stabilizer* (HALS) from CIBA™ Specialty Chemicals Inc.
- More recently, additional investments have been made in the production of light stabilizers, intermediates, and surfactants to further increase capacities and to extend our market reach.
*CHIMASSORB and CIBA are trade marks of BASF AG.